Bureau Veritas Kenya and University of Nairobi (UoN) sign a collaborative agreement
Jul. 7 2023
On 3rd July 2023, Our District Chief Executive, Mr. Cyprian Kabbis accompanied by Ms Christine Mbaya, the HR Business Partner (Kenya), witnessed the signing of a Collaborative Agreement (CA) between Bureau Veritas Kenya Limited and University of Nairobi (UoN) to pursue University-Industry partnership.
The Parties seek to collaborate in academic relations and partnerships and to support the development of the Engineering and Science Complex within the UoN.
This CA is an expression of two Parties wishing to work together and collaborate in the future.
The Parties undertake to among others:
- Collaborate in the development of the Engineering and Science Complex, especially by taking part in the “Corporate Advisory Committee” as a founding member.
- Foster the advancement of collaborative research and innovation projects between academia and industry that align with Bureau Veritas Kenya's areas of interest.
- Strengthen the University of Nairobi’s educational programs by offering guidance and, whenever appropriate and feasible, providing human resources from Bureau Veritas Kenya.
- Facilitate engagement of adjunct lecturers from Bureau Veritas Kenya at the Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Science and Technology in line with the UoN Adjunct Lecturer Policy.
- Facilitate project-based learning, work-study, internship and attachment programs.
- Foster exchange programmes with Bureau Veritas Kenya to enhance knowledge and technology transfer from the University to the industry
- Facilitate donation in kind from Bureau Veritas Kenya, subject to Bureau Veritas Group internal approval and compliance programmes.
- Foster Bureau Veritas Kenya engagement to enhance professional awareness and employability of the UoN student community, in particular by participating in seminars, round tables, fairs and mentorship.
- Collaborate to inculcate a culture of innovation in technology, engineering, and science, amongst staff, students and the larger community of University of Nairobi.
Bureau Veritas Kenya is honoured to be a part of this collaboration as we work to BUILD A BETTER WORLD.